Thursday, October 22, 2009

World of Beer opens, and I miss it

Wouldn't you know it, I leave town for a few days and World of Beer opens their newest beer bar on University Parkway on the Manatee-Sarasota county line.

I hear they planned on a "soft" invite-only opening but the word got out and lots of people showed up. I'm not sure if they have had the official grand opening cookout they promised on Twitter, but their Web site is fully operational.

I'll have to get over there ASAP and file a report.

1 comment:

  1. They did have the invite-only thing ... or maybe they just thought Aedan and I looked too grubby for their opening night and sent us away. The next, night, though, the doors were open (even the doors to the patio, despite the a/c being on, but that's a quibble for my own blog) and the beer was flowing. And the music was loud. Ear-shatteringly loud. The guy I spoke with told me there were still some issues with the PA. He also told me the grand opening shindig would be in November, but they're open in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete