Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cigar City weekly draft lineup

I'm a day late posting this, but Sebastien Jadot with Cigar City Brewing e-mailed* me the beers they will be selling this week at the Tampa brewery:

Regular draft lineup
Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale
Jai Alai IPA

One-off drafts
Maduro Oatmeal Raisin, which is Maduro with a hint of raisin and cookie spice. I've tried this beer at the brewery and I can tell you that Cigar City wields a subtle hand with the spices. This is not a sweet beer like other spiced beers.

Humidor series

Cigar City has a rotating offering of beers which have been aged on cedar. As I've written before, they won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their cedar-aged Jai Alai IPA.

This week Cigar City is offering Humidor Maduro for $7 and Humidor Marshal Zhukov (their Russian Imperial Stout) for $10. Sebastien writes that the beers will be put in 750 mL bottles and capped as each customer places his or her order.

Too bad I can't get up to Tampa this week, because I know the Humidor series beer will sell out fast.

*Read my earlier post on how to get on Cigar City's mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment