Friday, June 12, 2009

Cigar City beers at Total Wine

Fellow BeerAdvocate member JAA posted on the site that Total Wine & More on University Parkway in southern Manatee County has 750 mL bottles of Cigar City's 110K+OT on the shelf for about $12 each.

Cigar City changes this beer each year. This year, according to their blog, they have called the beer IRIS:
"which stands for India Russian Imperial Stout. Yes, that's right, we are just making styles up! I.R.I.S. is heavily hopped to begin with, but gets a further dry hop treatment with Mt. Rainier hops, which adds a nice licorice note. It is also aged on toasted Spanish Cedar, but at lower levels than what we normally use. We'll also be bourbon barrel-aging I.R.I.S."
From other BA reviews, it seems like a monster of a stout at 11.5 percent. Sounds like something to drink with friends. The last big bottle of stout I drank, Brooklyn's Black Ops, put me in the hurt locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment